Thursday, September 22, 2016

More Inventions In Progress

As each year comes and goes, Vintage Trailer Awnings by Kristi continues to add different items up for sale.
This year's invention was the Avion window awning with support arms, which also works on other windows with similar features. 

Now, I am working on the prototype for a Volkswagen Bus awning. Which is almost complete.
Forgive me if I do not show detailed pictures of some of my inventions. I am well aware that everything I post is eventually copied. 
Facings surround the underside for added structure, reinforcement for the grommets, and where the shock pole pockets are formed.
Arched Westfalia Bus Awning made by Vintage Trailer Awnings by Kristi
7 1/2' arched awning made for a Westfalia VW Bus by Kristi Foster dfoster@bellsouth.net
Westfalia Volkswagen Bus Awning made in America by Kristi Foster of Vintage Trailer Awnings by Kristi
 
Shock poles are inserted into the hidden pockets made into the facings. Hidden pockets so the awning can be set up flat or arched.

Custom sized the shock poles and tried them out today.




 Westfalia VW Bus Arched awning made by Kristi Foster
Made in America out of Sunbrella Marine Grade Awning Fabric.
Shock poles provide incline for rain run off and extra height underneath.

Waiting on a few more supplies to arrive in the mail, then my prototype will be ready to field test.


This is a Sunbrella Yellow/White 6 Bar  VW Westfalia Awning which was just mailed out . This volunteer will be taking pictures for me and field testing the awning.

 Westfalia Bus Awning made in America by Kristi Foster of Vintage Trailer Awnings by Kristi


  Contact me