Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Own Vendor's Rack With Awning and Matching Backdrop Is Completed

Image of completed Vendor's Rack Awning with matching backdrop
Today I completed the backdrop for my vendor's rack. I lined up the stripes and the grommets with the awning, cut it to the correct length, and finished it with custom made matching edge binding.
Vintage Trailer Awnings by Kristi
dfoster@bellsouth.net
Backdrop for Vendor's Cart Awning


I capped off the tips of the tent poles, for calm days when tie-down lines aren't necessary. On windy days, I will center my adjustable height tent poles in stacked dumbbell weights. A tie down line attached to the weights and then up to the pole tip should provide enough wind resistance.
 By centering the tent poles in dumbbell weights :
1) Easier to set up an awning by yourself.
2)Stabilizes the tent poles on concrete.
3)Keeps the poles from sliding on concrete, when windy.
4)Provides resistance for  tie-down lines.

I will field test this new concept soon.

dfoster@bellsouth.net