Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Airstream Awning and 5 Clip-On Window Awnings In Progress

 Spring 2022: I am in the process of making a 15' x 8' Airstream Awning using Sunbrella Saxon Cascade.

Also in progress are five Airstream Clip-On window awnings for the push or crank out type of awning windows.

Image of a 15' x 8' Airstream Awning In Progress dfoster@bellsouth.net

Sunbrella Airstream Awning in my basement workshop on a very stormy day!


Measuring out my remaining fabric to see if I have enough left for 5 clip on window awnings for an Airstream dfoster@bellsouth.net
     


One clip-on window awning finished 4 to go dfoster@bellsouth.net

This is a typical crank out, or push out, type of awning window with squared corners and without rubber seals on the underside of the frame. I have made awnings for this type of window in the past.
Image Airstream Clip On Window Awnings for push out Awning Windows dfoster@bellsouth.net

Three matching side window awnings and larger ones for the front and back awning windows dfoster@bellsouth.net

This time, the windows had rounded corners and rubber seals were attached underneath the window frame. So I made a prototype to try out, before I made the other four clip on window awnings.

dfoster@bellsouth.net