Saturday, June 6, 2015

When Life Hands You Lemons Make Lemonade!

Recently a Rock Guard Awning and a matching Vintage Trailer Awning by Kristi were damaged during shipping. I can only assume that the USPS box somehow got wet during transit,  causing the writing on the inside of the box to bleed onto the fabric inside. Since the Rock Guard awning was wrapped around the camper awning in the package, most of the blue discoloration transferred onto the Rock Guard Awning.


Instead of filing an insurance claim, I decided to follow the Sunbrella Stain Removal Guide on their website.

Although upsetting, I thought I could use this experience for a positive outcome. Turn Lemons into Lemonade!
                                                        


So, I used every suggested solution, rinsing in between each application, eventually fading the discoloration out of the Sunbrella Manhattan Fog fabric.
 



 
Once I started to see results on the Rock Guard Awning, I felt confident to proceed to the smaller, lighter, blue, stains on the main awning.
 
The Rock Guard Awning can be easily altered into a front window awning for my Tag-A-Long. So my next step is to remove the present attachments, add a vinyl welt to the top edge and a rod pocket to the underside.
Lemons to Lemonade
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
I hope this information will come in handy, if and when something awful stains your Sunbrella awning.
There are suggested solutions to remove wine stains, berry stains, ink stains, candle wax and many others.
So don't panic, just get busy right away to remove  it.
You might want to copy- paste- print the Sunbrella Stain Removal Guide to keep with your awning.